Monday 25 May 2015

The Three Little Pigs


 
We have been reading the story The Three Little Pigs (several times) and the children have enjoyed joining in with the repetitive text. I thought I would create a play scene to encourage the children to retell the story, create their own version of the story, extend their vocabulary, explore and play!!

I photocopied and laminated the book so the children could look at the individual pictures and use the pictures to retell the story.
I painted some wood off-cuts to represent the brick house and glued sticks and straw on the other pieces of wood.
To add to the storytelling scene, we needed the three pigs and a wolf.



As we have some bales of hay in our yard, I set it up outside as well.







The wolf could actually blow down the brick house in some of our unique stories!!!
Until next time...
Niccola

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are lucky! What fun! This inspires me to dig through our own plastic animals while perusing the bookshelf...

    ReplyDelete