Tuesday 5 May 2015

Mother's Day Gift


Mother's Day is fast approaching and I always have to allow plenty of time for my three year olds to make a special gift for their mum. We have been very busy for the last couple of weeks making a gift, wrapping paper and a card. 
It's often tricky coming up with an idea that young children can make for their parents.
Last year we made necklaces which were very cute. Check them out here...

This year I stumbled across a great pack of tea towels while I was doing my grocery shopping. They were in Coles and cost $3.00 for a pack of 4 tea towels. As I have twins in my class I chose two different colours- red and white.
Those of you that teach, or are a parent to three or four year olds, know that art and craft activities have to be very simple. I think this gift is perfect for this age child to make on their own.


I drew a chalk heart on the bottom of the tea towel ( dress makers chalk would be perfect but I couldn't find mine so I used chalkboard chalk)


The children stamped their pointer finger in the fabric paint and onto the chalk line.



They continued until they had stamped finger prints around the entire heart shape.

We used white fabric paint on the red tea towels and red fabric paint on the white tea towels
Once the tea towels were dry, I ironed them to set the paint.


I think the Mums will love them, don't you?
Niccola

No comments:

Post a Comment