Tuesday 4 June 2013

Early Literacy Ideas

ALPHABET CHART


I created this alphabet chart by putting together an eclectic collection of letters - different fonts, sizes, colours and various materials. Some of the letters are perspex 3D shapes that I picked up at a recycling supplier along with the cardboard. We have this hanging in the writing area in our classroom but would also be great in a child's playroom or bedroom.


ALPHABET TREE



The alphabet tree is also in our writing area. I attached fairy lights to create a magical feeling and placed the letters of the alphabet around the tree. The children try to spot all the letters of the alphabet and the letters of their name. 


IDENTIFYING LETTERS


Identifying and decorating the first letter of their name using pompoms and pegs. 
We wrote the rest of their name and attached to their initial and displayed in the classroom.



SHOE BOX ALPHABET PEOPLE


I painted peg people and put a letter of the alphabet on them. I then stuck foam letters around the base of a shoe box and let the children match and identify the letter of the alphabet.



4 comments:

  1. Cute ideas! I'd love to do something like this in my son's playroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your alphabet tree with the twinkle lights. These are fun ideas for learning and appreciating the alphabet. Thanks for sharing on Artsy Play Wednesday. I pinned it (http://pinterest.com/pin/94575660897826027/)
    : 0 ) Theresa (Capri + 3)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little alphabet people are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little ABC peg people are so cute! Thanks for sharing at Eco-Kids Tuesday. Hope you stop by again today! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2013/06/eco-kids-tuesday_11.html

    ReplyDelete